⚠️ Note: these generally are unrefined notes taken on-the-fly while watching the event.
- I claim no ownership over any screenshots taken of the presentations or reproduced text– and only use them for my own learning and notes.
- These “notes” posts are not search-engine-indexed and only appear on my site for my own archiving purposes.
- Dunning–Kruger effect
- Imposter Syndrome typically kicks in during the “Uncertainty” build phase.
- “Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right.”
- Find a code mentor or pair programmer.
- In the “Efficiency” phase, you start to add scaffolding, automation, code formatting & linting, workflow, testing, etc.
- Code reusability improves. Turn code into plugins. DRY principles. Use of and creation of packages.
- Documentation becomes key.
- In the “Effectiveness” phase, the focus lands on architecture and design patterns.
- Vary inputs, influences, experiences, and tools.
- Fill any remaining knowledge gaps.
- Leadership: mentor others, innovate, contribute back to community, lead initiatives, improve processes, support non-developers, help recruit & onboard, provide technical direction.